Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hey there Cowboy

I love burgers--it is actually what brought me and my husband together. On our first date, I made sure he was a fan of cheeseburgers, because I knew that if he wasn't, our relationship was doomed. He introduced me to Pal's Cabin, where you can get the most delicious burger in NJ, topped with melted cheddar cheese and crisp steak fires (my mouth is watering as I type).

Realistically, I am trying to limit the amount of red meat I consume, so I go for the next best thing--turkey burgers seasoned with BBQ sauce, or as I like to call them, Cowboy Burgers.

Cowboy Burgers
6 points per burger patty
Makes 5 burgers

20 oz 93% lean ground turkey
1 egg
3 tbs seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbs BBQ sauce
1/4 red onion, diced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

-Mix together bread crumbs, egg and BBQ sauce.
-Add onions, salt and pepper
-Mix in ground turkey until just blended
-Shape into 5 patties
-Refrigerate patties for 30 minutes
-Preheat grill pan, sprayed with PAM, over medium high heat.
-Grill 5-10 minutes per side, until cooked all the way through.
-Serve on whole wheat roll.

Healthy meals to nourish your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment