Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Morning Treat--Cinnamon-Pecan Waffles


I have always been a breakfast person, but I tend to go for the same things over and over: cereal, bagels or eggs. My son, on the other hand, only wants one thing in the morning: WAFFLES. There are mornings when at 3am he approaches my room whimpering “Mommy? Waffles, I need waffles…” and I need to gently guide him back to bed reminding him that it is just too early, we can only have waffles once the sun comes up.

I was short on Bisquick this past weekend and needed something to bulk up my waffle batter so it wouldn’t be too soupy for the waffles iron. Ever since moving to GA pecans seem to be very abundant, so I chopped some up, threw them into the batter with some cinnamon, and created this morning goodness that I have been eating every morning since.

This photo does not do this dish justice--you'll just have to believe me that these are delicious!
 Cinnamon-Pecan Waffles
Servings: 6 (1 serving = ½ a waffle)
PointsPlus Value per serving: 5
130 calories, 6g fat, 4g protein

Ingredients
1 cup Bisquick Original Baking Mix
1/2 cup chopped pecans   
1 Tbs vegetable oil     
1 egg     
1 cup fat-free skim milk   
1 Tbs cinnamon

Directions
-Spray a cold waffle iron with PAM. Set to highest setting and wait for waffle iron to heat up (mine has a green light that goes on that tells you it is ready, yours may be different).
-While the waffle iron is heating up, mix together all of the ingredients. Let batter sit for 3-5 minutes to thicken.
-In three batches, pour batter into the waffle iron and let it do its magic.

Healthy meals to nourish your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment