Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fresh from the Farmer's Market

I think one of my favorite things about summer is the amazing selection of local produce available to me. Now that we have moved to the South, I have really been trying to incorporate more organic fruits and vegetables into our weekly meal plan. Although I am now only getting FarmBox every other week, I am finding that I am able to stretch my vegetable budget by supplementing with the amazing selection at the local Farmer's Market. Oaktree Farms is by far one of my favorite vendors, and their vegetables are appearing in almost every meal I make this week.

Here is our line-up:
Monday: Turkey Picadillo
Tuesday: Spinach Manicotti
Wednesday: Garlic-Chipotle Beef Kebabs Kebabs from the June issue of Martha Stewart's Everyday Food and Grilled Broccoli and Bread Salad from Food and Wine
Thursday: Stir Fry with snow peas and chicken (courtesy of hubby since I have to work late)
Friday: Shabbat Dinner--Chicken and Rice with Challah
Saturday: Thai-Style Chicken with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Sunday: Friend's BBQ, where I will be bringing Swedish Potato Salad with Cucumber and Red Onion

I love that all of these meals can be made ahead of time, leaving me more time during the week to get the 1 million other things I have to do done. Monday and Tuesday night's dinners are already prepared and sitting in the fridge ready to be heated up, meaning I won't really have to cook again until Wednesday. It's nice knowing that even though I am a busy mom, with a little planning I can provide healthy meals to my family while supporting local farmers and their efforts.

Healthy Meals to Nourish Your Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment