Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mushroom-Beef Burgers



I love a good burger. It was one of my pre-requisites while dating: If a guy didn’t like a good hamburger, I knew it wasn’t going to work out. While turkey burgers are great (I love my Cowboy Burger recipe) sometimes I crave real ground beef. By combining mushrooms and ground beef, this recipe allows me to bulk up my burger, so I get a pretty large patty using a minimal amount of meat. Top with low fat cheese, shredded lettuce and tomatoes and you will be in heaven!

Mushroom-Beef Burgers

PointsPlus Value: 4 per patty
Servings: 4
145 calories, 4 grams fat


Ingredients
8 oz 90% lean ground beef
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 egg white
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Directions
-In a food processor, pulse mushrooms and onion together until it is finely chopped, almost like a paste.
-Sauté mushroom-onion mixture in a pan sprayed with PAM until most of the liquid dissolves. Let cool.
-In a mixing bowl, mix together Panko breadcrumbs and egg white. Add parsley, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Mix well.
-Stir in ground beef and mushroom-onion mixture.
-Form into 4 patties and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. They fall apart really easily, so handle with care.
-Heat up a large skillet sprayed with PAM. Cook patties 5 minutes each side, or until juices run clear. Do not grill, they will fall apart!

Healthy Meals to Nourish Your Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment