Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pesto Potato Salad and Other Easy Week-Night Meals

Another week, another menu line-up. It's a FarmBox weeks, so hopefully we will get some great produce. My herb garden has been growing out of control, so I had to trim back my basil, giving me the perfect opportunity to make some pesto. Dinner out 2 nights this week, again. I am really looking forward to next week where we will be home every night. I think it is so much easier to make healthy eating choices at home! I can't take credit for all of my meals this week, since 2 of the recipes are borrowed from other sites, but I hope you will enjoy them nonetheless!



Sunday: Italian Chicken Burgers with Pesto Potato Salad (recipe below)

Monday: Melting Pot with the girls (try my Date-Night Fondue recipe for your at-home Melting Pot experience! Not so good for you, but oh so delicious!)

Tuesday: Chipotle Tamale Pie from Food Network's Ingrid Hoffman

Wednesday: Dinner out

Thursday: Pasta Primavera (we never ended up eating this last week, so I froze the mixture for this week)

Friday: Catalina Chicken (made with cranberry sauce instead of apricot jam) with wild rice and challah

Saturday: Philly Cheese Steaks with peppers, onions and provolone (just swapping out some leftover frozen Flank steak in my Chicken Special  recipe and melting some provolone cheese over it. The leftover flank steak has already been grilled so I will just slice it super thin when it is half-way thawed)


Pesto Potato Salad
Serves 4
PointsPlus per serving: 5
 225 calories, 7g fat

Ingredients
4 medium sized red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
1/4 cup Perfect Pesto
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1/8 cup red onion, sliced thin

Directions
-In a medium pot, boil diced potatoes until just tender. Drain.
-Stir in Perfect Pesto and balsamic vinegar until all of the potatoes are covered.
-Gently fold in diced tomatoes and sliced red onion
-Allow to cool, then refrigerate over night prior to serving, allowing flavors to intensify.

Healthy meals to nourish your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment