Monday, June 13, 2011

Cooking ahead for a stressfull week

For the past two weeks my part-time job has been taking over my life. The start of Camp is here and I am super stressed--months of planning and organizing and the big day is this week! Knowing that this week will be nuts with parent inquiries and camper changes, I prepped as many of our meals as I could Sunday morning. Here is our line-up:

Monday--Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry (Marinated chicken on Sunday and purchased a pre-packaged veggie-stir-fry mix to quickly throw this meal together)

Tuesday--Eggplant Lasagna (Prepped on Sunday and in the fridge waiting to be baked! I just use my Eggplant Rollatini recipe, but rather than make individual rolls I layer the eggplant and cheese like a lasagna)

Wednesday--Vegetarian Taco Salads (Made the beans Sunday morning (recipe to follow), all I have to do is shred some lettuce and top with fresh veggies, salsa, sour cream and cheese)

Thursday--Dinner with friends--OUT :-)

Friday--Tuscan Brick Chicken from Barefoot Contessa with homemade Challah

Saturday--Beer-Marinated Flank Steak from Epicurious.com

Its a FarmBox week, so I made sure we were having something saucy on Tuesday to dip the to-die-for bread in that we will be getting.

So back to the Vegetarian Taco Salad. This dish is inspired by my UMass days when my roommate Sue and I would get super excited when we saw Veggie Tacos featured at the DC. It wasn't until I graduated that I realized how simple these beans were to make.

Veggie Taco Beans
Servings: 4
WW PointsPlus Per Serving: 7
285 calories, 1g fat, 11g fiber, 15g protein, 55g carbs


Ingredients
1 15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup bbq sauce
1 Tbs chili powder
1/4 cup water

Directions
-In a small pot, stir together all ingredients and bring to a boil.
-Reduce to low heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until sauce is thick.
-Serve over shredded lettuce with your favorite taco toppings.

Healthy meals to nourish your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment