Thursday, November 5, 2009

Falling for Falafel


Some nights I just don't want to cook (I KNOW, crazy right), but that doesn't mean I want to eat high calorie take out either. My solution? Find foods that can be made into fab dinners in less than 10 minutes. Example--falafel pitas with cucumber-tomato dressing.

Now, I did not grow up eating falafel, so I apologize to all you fried chick-pea loving people out there who are probably gasping at this recipe. But I am here to share my ideas for yummy low-point meals, and well, this is one of them.

Falafel Pitas with Cucumber-Tomato Dressing
3 Falafel Balls (Amnons are my personal favorite)--4 points
1 Whole Wheat Pita--2 points
2 Tbs diced Cucumber--0 points
2 Tbs diced Tomato--0 points
1 Tbs diced Red Onion--0 points
2 Tbs low fat Sour Cream--1 point
1 tsp chopped Parsley--0 points
1/4 cup shredded Lettuce
salt/pepper

-Heat falafel acording to directions on package (bake, do not fry).
-Mix together cucumber, tomato, red onion, parsley, sour cream, salt and pepper (I know it sounds gross, but it is really yummy)
-Split open pita at the very top. Fill with lettuce, cucumber-tomato dressing and falafel balls.

Simple, fast, and delicious.

Healthy meals to nourish your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment