Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday Night Vodka

Penne Vodka that is. I had never heard of Penne Vodka until I got to college, but since then I can't get enough of it! I can get enough of the calories and fat that each delicious mouthful contains, so I came up with this low-fat recipe to curb my cravings. Best part (actually there are two): Takes 10 minutes to make, and freezes so well! It makes A LOT, so be prepared to have tupperware on hand, or have a lot of hungry friends over :-)

Penne Vodka

56 oz crushed tomatoes

15 oz diced tomatoes

½ onion, diced

1/2 pint light cream

15 oz peas

4 oz mushrooms

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

1 oz vodka

2 Tbs Italian seasoning

salt/pepper


-In a large pot, combine all ingredients.

-Simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until sauce begins to thicken.

-Serve over whole wheat pasta.

Makes 12 cups of sauce
1/2 cup of sauce--2 points

Healthy meals to nourish your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment