Sunday, December 18, 2011

Gouda and Champagne detox--recovering from a weekend away

After returning from a weekend away with my hubby that included ridiculous amounts of champagne and cheese, I am looking forward to getting back to cooking. In an effort to detox from the Brie and Gouda, this weeks menu is going to be simple and focus on incorporating as many whole foods as possible.

Sunday--Oatmeal-turkey burger and sugar snap peas
Monday--Agave-balsamic marinated turkey tenderloins with patty pan gratin
Tuesday--Alyssa's four-bean vegetarian chili and corn bread
Wednesday--Red onion chicken and mashed potatoes
Thursday--Chicken Caesar salads

Breakfast is also going to be a focus for me this week--I need to start the day out with protein. It's really the only thing that keeps me full until lunch, however, I hate making eggs in the morning just because I am so tired. The solution? Mini-fritatas. I tried these out a few weeks ago when I catered my friend's baby naming and they were a big hit. Also, they freeze amazingly well and their are endless combination that you can make. This week I made Huevos Rancheros fritatas, inspired by my indulgent breakfast at Charleston Place.


Huevos Rancheros Mini Fritatas
2 PointsPlus per serving

Ingredients
3 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup black beans
1/2 tomato, diced
1/2 cup 2% shredded Mexican cheese
1 small yellow onion, quartered and sliced
salt/pepper

Directions
-Heat oven 350 degrees and spray a half-dozen muffin tin with PAM.
-Spray a small frying pan with PAM and saute onions over medium heat until they are golden brown.
-In a medium-sized bowl whisk eggs and milk together. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
-Spoon egg mixture evenly into greased muffin tine.
-Bake for 20-25 minutes, until tops look golden brown.
-Remove from oven, let cool, and remove fritatas from muffin tin. Keeps 3-4 days in the fridge, or freeze and defrost as needed.


Healthy meals to nourish your mind.

1 comment: